Arrays are a fantastic way to introduce multiplication to your students. They serve as a visual representation of the meaning behind multiplication. In this resource, students will work with arrays in different ways to develop their understanding of multiplication.
This set of task cards includes 24 cards. Students will practice working with arrays in a variety of different ways including:
- draw an array to solve a problem
- draw an array to represent a multiplication equation
- draw an array to represent a repeated addition equation
- related repeated addition to multiplication
- write the equation represented by the array
- write a story problem and use an array to solve it
- think about arrays in real life
Recording sheets and answer keys are included. I have also included an array reference poster for classroom display.
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "A great resource to introduce my students to the concept of arrays - thank you!" Kristin I.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This was exactly what I need. Great activity for students to review and practice in a center." Karen A.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Great addition to my multiplication unit. Thanks!" Courtney S.