Looking for a way to help your students make sense of multiplication and build their mental math skills? Helping students truly understand multiplication rather than simply memorize the facts can be transformative for your students’ math confidence and performance.
Math becomes easier when we can see it! This bundle of resources includes worksheets and task cards with powerful visuals to help students visualize what multiplication really means. Multiplication becomes a lot less intimidating when students can see how facts like 4x6 and 8x6 are related. Better yet, it becomes FUN when students realize they can solve a big fact like 18x7 mentally simply by breaking it down into more manageable parts!
Although these materials are excellent for those teaching multiplication to beginners, they can also be powerful for students in older grades who still struggle with multiplication facts. Often these students have gaps in their understanding and do not understand multiplication conceptually. These resources can help fill that gap.
Looking for more activities to teach multiplication conceptually? Check out these other popular multiplication resources:
- The Multiplication Station (This is a game-changer!)
- Run a Pet Shelter Multiplication Project
- Design a Playground Multiplication Project
- Multiplication Escape Room
- Multiplication Logic Problems
I also have loads of information about teaching multiplication over on my website, www.ShelleyGrayTeaching.com. Enjoy!
This bundle includes:
- ten worksheets with two different types of multiplication visuals - arrays and ten frames. Worksheets are scaffolded to ensure success and deep understanding. Each of these will help students make sense of multiplication and build their mental math capacity.
- 24 task cards using array visuals to visualize how multiplication facts can be broken into parts
- 24 task cards using ten frame visuals to visualize how multiplication facts can be broken into parts
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This is such a great product! My students are engaged during small strategy groups. I am using this product as a warm-up for groups, so easy to differentiate. Thank you!" Kristy JJ
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Such a helpful and engaging resource! I like how many options and different activities there are to choose from. My students really found all the visuals helpful." Jasmine C.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This resource was excellent! It sure helped students in my room who were struggling!" Tania D.