Math Centers just got a lot more engaging! These fun logic problem puzzles will challenge your students and get them thinking about addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in a whole new way.
Don't be fooled! If your students are not used to working with numbers in this way, these will be surprisingly challenging!
Ideas for Use
There are many ways to use these Logic Problems. Try them as:
- early finisher tasks
- morning math tubs
- an "around the room" gallery walk - post the cards around the room and have students circulate, answering them as they go
- math stations (let students work in partners, and listen to the amazing math conversation they will have as they use critical thinking and reasoning skills!)
- a fun problem-solving and critical-thinking routine
If you are like most teachers and teach a class with a wide variety of ability levels, this multi-grade bundle is the perfect way to provide differentiation and ensure that each student works to their full potential. You want to provide just enough challenge for each student but not SO MUCH challenge that this activity becomes frustrating.
Either assign specific logic puzzles to students or lay out the various sets and have students choose the one that provides the perfect challenge for their brain! (This can be a great way to empower your students and teach responsibility for their own learning.)
For each of the 160 logic puzzles in this bundle, your students will find the value for each symbol and record it on the accompanying recording sheet.
The 8 sets of Logic Puzzles that are included in this bundle are:
- Addition & Subtraction to 10
- Addition Within 20
- Addition & Subtraction Within 20
- Addition & Subtraction Within 100
- Addition & Subtraction Within 1,000
- Addition, Subtraction, & Multiplication Within 100
- Multiplication & Division Within 100
- Decimal Numbers to Tenths
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My students love these types of puzzles so it's fantastic that you have made different sets within different ranges. It makes it much easier to differentiate the activity if the students are doing this independently or in small groups." Carly L.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I LOVE this resource! Kids need to be able to think outside the box with math problems, and this resource is perfect! I use them as part of our math rotations in my 3rd grade class." Heidi S.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Top notch. I purchased the bundle to use with my diverse Grade 5 class. So far, I have used addition and subtraction to 1000 with a group of 12 students. They have loved this and are learning a lot about solving equations/algebra. Kids are asking for this repeatedly! Resource is fantastic and well worth the price. Thank you, Shelley. My only request is for additional bundles! From a teacher with 30+ years." Annette M.