If you're looking for a student-managed way to spiral your math curriculum and ensure that review happens all year long, you need the Math Choice Board! This bundle includes the Math Choice Boards for 3rd Grade and 4th Grade.
These engaging, curriculum-related choice boards as a math station will motivate your students when they first arrive in the classroom, at the beginning of class, or when they finish their work early.
The Math Choice Board is designed to promote:
- a method of spiraling the curriculum so that students receive continuous review of previously learned skills
- organization and independence
- freedom to choose based on personal preferences
- differentiation based on interests
- success for a wide variety of ability levels within your diverse classroom
- student engagement
- pride and excitement
The Math Choice Board allows students to choose which activities they do, and when they do them.
Ideas for Use
There are many ways to use the Math Choice Board within your classroom. You might choose to use it as:
- a Math Station or center. When students are at the Choice Board center, allow them to pick whichever activities they want from the board. This will create a sense of power and control for your students.
- a Math Warm-Up before math class begins
- a way of engaging your early finishers. Have your students choose tasks from the Math Choice Board when they finish their work, rather than simply reading or working on homework
- morning work upon arriving at school. When your students arrive in the classroom in the morning, have them work on the Math Choice Board. This will enhance predictability, routine, and organization first thing in the morning.
You'll receive TWO Math Choice Boards:
- Math Choice Board for 3rd Grade
- Math Choice Board for 4th Grade
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Students love this board and I love it as a math centre! Love that it includes all strands of math to help develop their skills all year long." Krystina K.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My students and I loved this! I used it as an early finisher activity but called it Brain Stretchers! My students loved the challenge as well as the independence of working through their choices on their own at their own pace!" Sheila A.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Another resource that knocks it out of the park. I am forever grateful to have these resources in my classroom and this one is just as terrific. I know I am getting high quality, meaningful, and well thought out resources when I purchase from Shelley. Thanks so much." Primary Melting Pot
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I integrated this product into my class last year. The kids loved the variety of activities that showed their knowledge. They also loved that they could choose which activities to complete. These really gave me a quick look at what my students had mastered and also some areas that needed improvement. Thank you!" Linda D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I have all of Shelley's math stations and her original early finisher board. I use these as center activities, early finisher activities, morning work. There are many possibilities with this product." Niki S.