If you're looking for a student-managed way to spiral your math curriculum and ensure that review happens all year long, you need the Math Choice Board!
This engaging, curriculum-related choice board as a math station will motivate your students when they first arrive in the classroom, at the beginning of class, or when they finish their work early.
The Math Choice Board is designed to promote:
- a method of spiraling the curriculum so that students receive continuous review of previously learned skills
- organization and independence
- freedom to choose based on personal preferences
- differentiation based on interests
- success for a wide variety of ability levels within your diverse classroom
- student engagement
- pride and excitement
The Math Choice Board allows students to choose which activities they do, and when they do them.
Ideas for Use
There are many ways to use the Math Choice Board within your classroom. You might choose to use it as:
- a Math Station or center. When students are at the Choice Board center, allow them to pick whichever activities they want from the board. This will create a sense of power and control for your students.
- a Math Warm-Up before math class begins
- a way of engaging your early finishers. Have your students choose tasks from the Math Choice Board when they finish their work, rather than simply reading or working on homework
- morning work upon arriving at school. When your students arrive in the classroom in the morning, have them work on the Math Choice Board. This will enhance predictability, routine, and organization first thing in the morning.
This board consists of seven sections: Facts, Numbers, Dice & Cards, Patterns & Data, Measurement & Geometry, and two Bonus Tasks.
Each section contains an engaging, curriculum-related activity to engage your students. The tasks are switched out regularly so that your students always have new tasks to choose from!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I am a first-year teacher and was told a week before school that we should have a "Math Choice Board". This bundle was a lifesaver - everything is perfectly organized and WELL worth the investment! Thank you for providing challenging math activities that my students enjoy!" Amy F.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I teach 5th grade, but most of my students are low this year...and even those that are at or above grade level, this is great as review for the early finishers. Thanks!" Shannon P.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I'm loving the fact that I have activities for my faster learners to do, that will build on their knowledge and skills. I am also using it with the rest of the class for extension activities. Thank you for a superior quality product that I feel confident using with my learners." Tanya G.