If you are working on multi-digit division in your classroom, there are several very effective strategies for teaching this concept!
Partial Quotients is an effective alternative for traditional long division. It is a mental math-based approach in which a division equation is solved in manageable parts in order to find the final quotient.
This resource is a fantastic supplement to those teachers currently using the Long Division Station in their classrooms. It can be used as extra practice for the Partial Quotients level when students get to that point in the station.
This resource includes:
- detailed explanations and examples of the partial quotients strategy for division
- a link to a video explaining the partial quotients strategy
- a partial quotients strategy poster to hang in the classroom for easy reference
- 24 task cards that will have students practicing partial quotients in a variety of different ways to enhance understanding
- recording sheets to keep students organized
- answer keys to make self-checking a breeze
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Multi-digit division using the partial quotients method can be tricky for both students and parents when learning from home! These clear and practical task cards helped demystify the strategy. Thank you!" Mrs. Sol
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Students really enjoyed these task cards. I used them as a scoot around the room to ensure understanding of concepts." Rebecca T.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Loved these cards to practice partial quotient method - good for small group activity." Karen B.