If you are working on multi-digit division in your classroom, there are several very effective strategies for teaching this concept! These task cards have been designed so that you can choose to have your students use any method for solving the equations. These task cards are a fantastic way to provide practice for any of the long division strategies that you are teaching, including the partial quotients strategy, the box method, the grid method, or traditional long division.
This resource focuses on 4-digit numbers divided by a 1-digit number with no remainders.
This resource is a fantastic supplement to those teachers currently using the Long Division Station in their classrooms. It can be used as extra practice for the Box Method level when students get to that point in the station.
This resource includes:
- video links to explanations of the box method, partial quotients method, and the grid method for long division
- four strategy posters for the various strategies/alternatives for long division: the box method, partial quotients, the grid method, and traditional long division
- 24 task cards that will allow students to practice solving long division equations in any way they choose
- recording sheets to keep students organized
- answer key to make self-checking a breeze
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "There is nothing better than finding engaging ways to help kids practice math skills. These task cards are perfectly aligned to the 4th grade division standards and are visually pleasing. Great activity!" Paige S.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "The cards were simple and large print which helps the students that are on chromebooks to see the division problem clearly. It also helps this teacher who has eyesight that is waning. I appreciate that this saved me a great deal of time." Elizabeth M.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My students worked on this resource during tutorial. Great way to assess students after division instruction." Supply Acct. P.