If you are working on multi-digit division in your classroom, there are several very effective strategies for teaching this concept! These task cards have been designed so that you can choose to have your students use any method for solving the equations, and they are a fantastic way to provide practice for any of the long division strategies that you are teaching, including the partial quotients strategy, the box method, the grid method, or traditional long division.
This resource focuses on 2-digit and 3-digit numbers divided by a 1-digit number with some remainders.
This resource is a fantastic supplement to those teachers currently using the Long Division Station in their classrooms. It can be used as extra practice for the Box Method level when students get to that point in the station.
This resource includes:
- video links to explanations of the box method, partial quotients method, and the grid method for long division
- four strategy posters for the various strategies/alternatives for long division: the box method, partial quotients, the grid method, and traditional long division
- 24 task cards that will allow students to practice solving long division equations in any way they choose
- recording sheets to keep students organized
- answer key to make self-checking a breeze
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "We use these cards at math rotation time. They are a great way for the children to practice division strategies. The perk is they can work at their own pace." Karyn K.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "These task cards were just perfect to help my students practice the long division. It is also a time saver for this teacher and I really appreciate the opportunity to share this with the class." Elizabeth M.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My students love task cards. They seem to be able to answer sooo many more questions in the same time frame compared to book work. I like that this product has with and without remainders ( hard to find for a good price)." Happily Ever Bluhm