Looking for a simple, but effective vocabulary routine to help your students improve their knowledge of commonly misused homophones? This comprehensive resource includes everything you need to implement a Homophone of the Day routine in your classroom!
Ready to help your students build their grammar skills in a fun way?
You may also be interested in:
- Grades 2-4 Building Vocabulary (Word of the Day or Words of the Week Routine)
- Grades 5-8 Building Vocabulary (Word of the Day or Words of the Week Routine)
Ideas for Use
Step One (optional): Use the digital slides to introduce the words and discuss. Do you know the difference between the words? (ex. hour/our, night/knight, your/you're)
Step Two: Post the word cards on your homophone bulletin board or word wall.
Students can use these cards for reference throughout the year in their writing.
Step Three: Have students complete the related homophone worksheet to consolidate their learning.
This resource includes everything you need to implement a Homophone of the Day vocabulary routine in your classroom!
- Bulletin board or word wall header
- Digital slides for all 53 sets of homophones
- Printable word cards for all homophones (perfect to post on the classroom word wall)
- Student worksheets
What Teachers Are Saying