This resource includes task cards to help your students practice working with fractions. The variety of different task cards will ensure that students practice these fraction concepts in a variety of different ways. These task cards are ideal for guided math, small group work, or as an independent center activity.
This set of task cards is ideal for third grade, but can definitely be used with other grade levels as well. The concepts that are included are:
- fractions as visual representations
- simple equivalent fractions
- representing the number 1 as a fraction
- representing fractions in words and pictures
- problem solving with fractions
- representing fractions on a number line
- identifying numerators and denominators
- comparing fractions with the same denominator
- ordering fractions from least to greatest (same denominator)
This resource includes 24 task cards with answer key.
I have also included three fraction vocabulary posters. These include fraction, numerator, and denominator. Post these in the classroom for quick reference.
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Great resource! These were great for assessing my 3rd graders' understanding of fractions." Biggest Little Classroom
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "These are great for my special ed classroom. They aren't flashy, but they have exactly the skills I want my students to practice." Amy H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Great fraction activities! Thanks!" Five Minute French Teacher