In this resource, students will learn four strategies for basic division facts: making equal groups, reverse skip-counting, making arrays, and relating to multiplication. Students will work through the strategies one by one, learning to evaluate the effectiveness of each. This resource focuses on teaching strategies for basic division. Please note that long division is not part of this package.
Strategies are essential for a deep understanding of math concepts. When a student possesses several strategies, he can use higher-order thinking to decide which one will be the most effective and efficient for the equation.
There are a wealth of resources included in this package that will help you to teach and reinforce division concepts and facts. Included is:
- activities and ideas for activating students' prior knowledge
- introductory activities that will help students grasp the concept of division
- activity sheets that explicitly teach four strategies for basic division; students will learn a strategy and then practice choosing the one that is most effective and efficient
- a wide variety of hands-on activities that will reinforce division concepts in a fun, kinesthetic way
- a Portfolio reflection to increase students' metacognition (and add to learning portfolios)
- assessment ideas and tracker
- a BONUS section that introduces students to remainders; use this as a follow-up to the strategy portion, or as enrichment for specific students
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Great way to introduce the concept of division with little prep. My students who struggle with math have commented on how it has helped them understand division." George C.H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I LOVE this bundle! It is very clear and comprehensive. It has been a wonderful tool to use while teaching division to my 3rd grade students." Emily B.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This is incredibly thorough and really makes my job easier. This will be perfect for my intervention groups who really need the explicit teaching and strategies that you have included. Thank you for such a well-put together unit. This was well worth every penny!" Angelia - Extra Special Teaching