Do you want to implement more mental math strategies into your classroom, but don’t know where to start?
Do you already teach mental math, but want to work more strategically to target your students more effectively?
This is going to be the solution that you have been looking for! The Addition Station engages, motivates, and ensures success for all learners in your classroom.
How It Works
It’s quite simple. Students work through a series of addition activities for each level. They complete the activities, self-check using the prepared answer keys, and keep track of their progress using their personal tracker. At the end of each level, the student asks the teacher for a quick, informal oral quiz. If the student knows the facts, they move to the next level. If not, they simply practice a bit more until they feel ready.
The process is entirely student-run. After the program's first week, you will notice your role switching from teacher to facilitator.
Why do students love this so much? It’s easy! They have power! They have freedom! They are truly in control of their learning. And THAT results in highly motivated students who love to learn.
Add to that an effective order of teaching the facts that makes practical sense, and you will have students who feel smart, successful, and engaged.
You are going to be noticing some pretty big changes within your math class once you start using this resource:
- Your students will become reflective as they develop metacognition.
- Your students will become motivated mathematicians. Finally, they can all work to a level that is appropriate for themselves.
- Your students will experience success on a regular basis, as a result of working to a level that is appropriate.
- Your math class will become student-centered. Your students are truly in control of their own learning.
This resource includes everything you need to make this program a huge success in your classroom:
- strategic, progressive, addition activities for each set of facts; each strategy is first isolated and then integrated with previous strategies to result in maximum understanding and mastery
- easy-to-understand instruction for each addition strategy
- answer keys
- an accompanying video to help you prepare and understand your Addition Station
- clear set-up instructions
- parent resources and home practice charts
- classroom posters
- student and teacher assessment trackers
- Addition Passports
Teacher support is very important to me and I do everything possible to guide you through the process of creating your own Addition Station. Within the document, you will find checklists, set-up guides, as well as a support video to guide you through the set-up process.
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I have used this for my lower level students as a type of intervention/early finishers. It is totally independent, and once set up, runs itself. Very useful." Naomi B.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I've been using the Addition Station during our Math Remediation time. These stations have really helped my students' addition fluency. I plan to also purchase the subtraction for them to work on building those strategies as well." Amanda R.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I'm using this resource to allow students to work at their own pace. They're loving it! It's been such a wonderful resource for my classroom." Brianna D.