This resource includes SIX sets of task cards to reinforce second-grade place value skills. using numbers to 1,000. Each set includes task cards that are designed to dive deeper into place value concepts to reinforce concepts such as expanded form, counting within 1,000, compare and order numbers to 1,000, reading and writing numbers to 1,000, and more!
If your curriculum expects students to work with numbers to 1,200, I have included 6 bonus task cards in each set that work with numbers to 1,200.
Although each set varies, each set of task cards include:
- a reference poster for the classroom (included in 5 out of the 6 sets)
- 24 engaging task cards to reinforce conceptual understanding
- Recording sheets to keep students organized
- Answer keys to make self-checking a breeze!
- 6 BONUS task cards (along with recording sheet and answer key) with numbers between 1,000 and 1,200. These are designed for curriculum that works with numbers to 1,200.
Here's the skills that each set of task cards focuses on:
Set #1: EXPANDED FORM
Set #2: HUNDREDS, TENS, AND ONES
Set #3: COUNTING WITHIN 1,000
Set #4: READ AND WRITE NUMBERS TO 1,000
Set #5: COMPARE AND ORDER NUMBERS TO 1,000
Set #6: SECOND GRADE PLACE VALUE SKILLS
What Teachers Are Saying