If you are working on multi-digit multiplication in your classroom, there are several very effective strategies for teaching this concept! These task cards have been designed so that you can choose to have your students use any method for solving the equations.
There are several alternatives for traditional long multiplication that you may be interested in teaching your students. Two of these alternatives in particular (the box/window method and partial products) stress a mental math understanding that will enhance your students’ understanding of numbers when solving equations.
This resource is a fantastic supplement to those teachers currently using the Multi-Digit Multiplication Station in their classrooms.
This resource includes:
- links to video explanations of a variety of multi-digit multiplication strategies and alternatives
- five strategy posters for the various strategies/alternatives for long multiplication: the box/window method, partial products, lattice multiplication, halving and doubling, and traditional long multiplication
- 24 task cards that will allow students to practice solving long multiplication equations in any way they choose
- recording sheets to keep students organized
- answer key to make self-checking a breeze
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Love task cards! I hide them around the room and the students have to find and solve them. I do my student growth assessment on double digit multiplication so we spend alot of time on it!" Taylor J.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Quite a few cards! Enough to keep the students busy." Shelley A.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Great resource for my grade 5 students. Provided extra practice and had them moving about while doing it." Mike M.