If you are working on multi-digit division in your classroom, there are several very effective strategies for teaching this concept! These task cards have been designed so that you can choose to have your students use any method for solving the equations. These task cards are a fantastic way to provide practice for any of the long division strategies that you are teaching, including the partial quotients strategy, the box method, the grid method, or traditional long division.
This resource focuses on 4-digit numbers divided by a 1-digit number with some remainders.
This resource is a fantastic supplement to those teachers currently using the Long Division Station in their classrooms. It can be used as extra practice for the Box Method level when students get to that point in the station.
This resource includes:
- video links to explanations of the box method, partial quotients method, and the grid method for long division
- four strategy posters for the various strategies/alternatives for long division: the box method, partial quotients, the grid method, and traditional long division
- 24 task cards that will allow students to practice solving long division equations in any way they choose
- recording sheets to keep students organized
- answer key to make self-checking a breeze
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Loved using these in the classroom with the students. They were very engaged in solving each of the problems and helped to paint a picture in their mind." Four Keeps
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My kids love task cards, and these gave them great practice with division problems. Thank you!" Paige S.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "We did a walk about with these cards and it worked out great!" Ashley O.