The box or window method is one of the most effective strategies for multi-digit multiplication. It involves multiplying the number in manageable parts, and then adding up those parts in order to find the final product. These task cards have been designed so that your students will receive practice with the box/window strategy in many different ways.
This resource is a fantastic supplement to those teachers currently using the Multi-Digit Multiplication Station in their classrooms.
This resource includes:
- links to explanations of the box/window method
- a box/window strategy poster
- 24 task cards that will allow students to practice the box/window method through problem-solving, estimation, finding errors, and more
- recording sheets to keep students organized
- answer key to make self-checking a breeze
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "bought as extension lesson after using multiplication station box window lesson, worked well." Kristen H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This is a wonderful way to practice this skill in math." Jamilyn R.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Great practice!!! My students have struggled with traditional multiplication, and the box and windows method has been really successful for them!" Classroom on a Cart