This resource includes a progression of perimeter and area skills and concepts, beginning with counting “units” and progressing along to multiplying side lengths and working with simple irregular shapes. This resource is designed to give students an excellent understanding of area and perimeter. It is intended for digital learning only.
There are over 125 student slides included in this resource. They cover area and perimeter skills that are generally taught in 3rd to 5th grade.
This digital area and perimeter resource is in Google Slides™️ format, making it compatible with Google Classroom™️. This resource is only intended for digital learning; there is no PDF document included.
The skills and concepts included in this resource are (please see the preview for detailed descriptions and sample slides):
INTRODUCTION TO AREA AND PERIMETER
- Explanations and comparing area to perimeter (2 slides)
- Counting square units to calculate area
- Adding rows or columns to find area
- Creating different shapes with the same area
- Estimate area and use tiling to find the actual
- Comparing and ordering areas
- Adding and decomposing area
- Using multiplication to find area
- Area relationships – the effect of doubling a side
- Area in real life: problem solving
- Finding area of irregular shapes by breaking into smaller parts
- What is perimeter and how to calculate it
- Finding perimeter by counting units
- Different shapes with the same perimeter
- Comparing and ordering perimeter
- Adding side lengths to find perimeter
- Finding missing side lengths using attributes of rectangles and squares
- Perimeter in real life: problem solving
- Finding perimeter of irregular shapes
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This is another great resource created by Shelley Gray! I trust that any product I purchase from her it will be well put together and easy to use and that is true about this one as well! This is a great resource for the price and I love the fact that it's bundled. This is great for reach back as well as challenging those kids who need it. Thanks again for another great product!!" Michelle D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This resource is truly brilliant! The activities and presentations are so clearly thought out and planned, and the learning they provide is exceptional. Shelley Gray is a genius, and her resources are sheer gold. Thank you so much!" Nicole W.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I was very pleased to find this resource and used it to reinforce after direct instruction with independent practice. It's so easy to choose the slides that work best for the student(s) and then assign to Google Classroom. Thanks so much!!" Anne H.