This resource includes task cards to help your students practice working with fractions. The variety of different task cards will ensure that students practice these fraction concepts in a variety of different ways. These task cards are ideal for guided math, small group work, or as an independent center activity.
This set of task cards is ideal for fourth grade, but can definitely be used with other grade levels as well. The concepts that are included are:
- fractions as visual representations
- generating equivalent fractions
- representing fractions in words and pictures
- problem solving with fractions
- representing fractions on a number line
- comparing fractions with the same denominator
- comparing fractions with the same numerator
- ordering fractions from least to greatest (same denominator)
- tenths and hundredths as fractions and decimals
- multiplying fractions by a whole number
- equivalent fractions on a number line
- mixed and improper fractions
- adding and subtracting fractions
- common denominators
This resource includes 24 task cards with answer key.
I have also included three fraction vocabulary posters. These include fraction, numerator, and denominator. Post these in the classroom for quick reference.
What Teachers Are Saying
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "These are great for my special ed classroom. They aren't flashy, but they have exactly the skills I want my students to practice." Amy H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "This was just what I needed to complete our unit! Thanks!" The Polished Apple
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "These were very helpful for review! thank You!" Bani M.